05 April 2006

Juventus 0 0 Arsenal

I can't believe it, my boys are off to the semi's!

I ended up watching the game the decision to watch or not to watch was taken out of my hands; traffic on 3rd mainland, and all my peeps doing the pre-match touch basing.
Anyways it was a good result, we have set a new record - clean sheet in 8 games (good work to Jens and the rest of the defence), and these boys have made history - first Arsenal team to qualify for the semi's.

Gilberto really isn't my favorite player and yesterday he did keep on losing the ball. Eboue is doing very well in his position, although he really should have crossed that ball instead of trying to take it in, he had at least 3 people waiting on that cross. Flamini was very lucky not to have been booked a second time really, and I can feel for Reyes on his booking which rules him out of our first leg semi final match against Villarreal.

I couldn't but compare Arsene to Mourinho yesterday. While Arsene was as cool as a cucumber, Mourinho would have been running up and down the line, harassing the officials. Anyone not looking close would see the figure doing what appears to be jumping jacks along the line and assume he was a player warming up.

I would like to condole with my friend and colleague 'FS' on the demise of the 'Old Lady'. Please accept my sincere sympathy

Match Report Arsenal.com

Match Report Soccernet.com

Wenger bouyant after booking date with Villarreal Soccernet.com



1 comment:

Gallivanter said...

Next up, Old Trafford! As for the Villareal game, it’s definitely 50-50, would’ve preferred Inter Milan as they’re much more predictable that the Spaniards...let's give Manure a go!