30 June 2006

Get drivers license, check!

I finally got my license!

No biggy I know, but coming from a person who has never ever done a drivers test (Nija na wonderful place) its a relief to have this all behind me.

Now comes the really hard part, getting a JOB! Since CMU and Smith both refused to admit me (yeah right) I am job hunting and I am thinking this might just be the opportunity I have been looking for to do those pesky certification exams. I will be starting of with Security+ from Comptia, I got the study guide yesterday from the bookstore and so far I have read a chapter. I am thinking of doing the exam in another two weeks if all goes according to plan. Wish me luck

4 comments:

Ore said...

Ah too bad for CMU and Smith! Their loss!

Good luck with the certification exams. I'm sure it'll be fun studying for them (well, I'm a dork who likes exams).

How are you liking Dallas?

DingProof said...

If you'll be in Texas for the next one year, you may want to take a look at U of Texas and Texas A&M. Both good schools and you'll be good for in-state tuition and possibly gratuate assitanship. All the best with the certification.

Pilgrimage to Self said...

Wow! I love the speed at which you are working at settling in. Well done you.

adefunke said...

@ Ore and Dingproof - Thanks you guys, and I have already begun to take a good look at Texas A&M and U of Texas.

@ PTS - Perhaps I am being silly, but I really don't want any ugly incidents with my hosts, I have heard some really nasty stories about situations similar to mine turning really ugly hence I am trying to get my behind settled in and living on my own asap!