09 February 2007

Since I am counting ...

Its been a year on the 6th since I started blogging. As seems to be the case with all my anniversaries, I can't believe it! I remember my very first post like I wrote it yesterday. I am not sure if it is the act of writing the post itself or what that posts stands for that makes it memorable or the incident I wrote about. Anyways I am so so suprised a year has whizzed by already! A friend asked me a couple of weeks into my existence as a blogger if I felt I could keep this up. 'Of course I will' I replied with as much indignation as I could muster even as I could see my sisters half knitted sweater in the bottom of my closet. I must mention that I have been knitting that particular sweater for almost 10 yrs now! Over the years I have embraced many many projects with a lot of enthusiasm only to give them up before completion. Somehow blogging has managed to hold my attention for a whole year, with no signs of it getting boring. I am really very suprised, I guess this is a victory for me albeit a small one. Here is to many more anniversaries of my existence in the blogshere. And by the way I am going to knit my sister a sweater she can wear, I will buy supplies this weekend!

4 comments:

Ore said...

Congrats! I remember when you first started blogging. You used to update like every second. I knew that I coudl always count on you for some juicy story. Yes, your blogging slowed down a bit after you moved to the States, but it seemd to be slowly returning to pre-move levels.

I look forward to reading more about your adventures.

adefunke said...

'I remember when you first started blogging. You used to update like every second.'

lol! Ah the good ol' days!

Omodudu said...

We go wash am o. You know i am Nigerian and we can wash anything.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogganniversary!! Me I agree with Omodudu. Six yrs no be small joke. When are we washing it? LOL!!